BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) – It won’t be long before community members in Bloomington get to enjoy a new aquatics center. This week the demolition of O’Neil Pool started, making way for a new facility in its place.
City leaders say the 46-year-old park pool at 1515 W. Chestnut St. has outlived its operational capacity.
“It’s exciting to see progress being made on O’Neil Pool,” says Nicole Culbertson, Aquatics/Sports Program Manager for the City of Bloomington’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts department, adding, “It’s full of a lot of good memories for area families, and the new facility will be a beautiful destination for the community.”
A final completion date for the project has not yet been announced, though city staff are working to find a design for the current project.
- No Trip to Redbird Arena This Fall for U-High, the Pioneers Wait For Spring
- Man driving a stolen RV crashes into downtown Pekin
- BPD to release weekly election safety tips for community members
- East Peoria Council appoints interim police chief; approves new guidelines for pot shops
- East Peoria Council commissioner puts bounty on political sign thieves