BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Multiple buildings in Uptown Normal were vandalized with spray paint Wednesday night with anti-police slurs.
According to the Anti-Defamation League’s website, the acronym “ACAB” is a slogan long-standing in the skinhead culture.
“Because non-racist skinheads (including “traditional” skinheads and anti-racist skinheads) may use this acronym as well as racist skinheads, it should be carefully judged in the context in which it appears,” a post on the website reads.
The graffiti can be seen on buildings such as the Normal Theater and Watterson Towers.
The vandalism comes after a Black man named Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back by a white police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Normal Police and Illinois State University Police said no arrests have been made thus far. They are still investigating the situation.
- Ask The Doctor | Healthy Lives 4 Kids
- WATCH LIVE: Laura weakens to Category 2 storm after making landfall, ‘catastrophic’ storm surge continues
- New plaque commemorates Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address at Camp Butler National Cemetery
- Florida senators push for deal on COVID-19 relief package
- Out with the old and in with the new, Peoria Public Schools board considers changing six district school names