BARTONVILLE, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria County Coroner identified the victim of the Monday afternoon crash that claimed the life of a woman in her 50’s.
Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood pronounced 56-year-old Jamie Lynn Harper of Tuscon, AZ, dead at the scene. Harwood says Harper died of multiple blunt force injuries, and that toxicology tests are pending. He says Harper’s family reported her being in Illinois to visit friends and family.
Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell says a 16-year-old driver from Groveland has been issued a citation for driving too fast for conditions. The driver suffered minor injuries in the crash at around 1:15 p.m. Monday in the 5000 block of South Airport Road, near the intersection with South Dietrich Lane. Asbell says a passenger, a 15-year-old from Bartonville, was hospitalized with “significant but non-life-threatening injuries.”
Asbell said the car the three were in was southbound on Airport Road when it went off the road several hundred feet, striking several mailboxes and trees on the east side of Airport.
Asbell said additional charges against the driver could be issued once the Peoria County State’s Attorney completes a review of the case.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus