PEKIN, Ill. (WMBD) — Discover Peoria, the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Pekin have announced the 18th Annual Christmas on Court will take place Friday, Dec. 4 from 5-8 p.m.
Based on the new COVID-19 parameters, the celebration will shift from a block party event to a parade-inspired festival around Court Street in Pekin.
The community is encouraged to jump in their vehicles and drive a predetermined route. Spectators will drive by exhibits, entertainment, and displays put together by area Pekin businesses, organizations, and community members.
“Discover Peoria is thrilled to continue the holiday tradition in Pekin with this year’s Christmas on Court event,” said J.D. Dalfonso, President/CEO of Discover Peoria.
Vehicles will enter on Washington Street and line up on South Capitol Street between Broadway and Washington Street. There will be a 5 mph speed limit through the parade route to protect participants.
Vehicle occupants are encouraged to mask-up, roll down the windows, and crank up the heat.
The parade route will be lined with:
- Live Entertainment
- Surprise Meet-n-Greets
- Curbside Santa with a mailbox for Christmas lists
- Take-n-Make Crafts/Activities ● Food and Beverage
- Christmas Tree Contest Voting
- Curbside Shopping
- Holiday Cheer Sprinkled Throughout
“Christmas on Court is one of our favorite events entering the holiday season,” said Mayor Mark Luft, Mayor of Pekin. “It’s an opportunity to bring our community, businesses and organizations closer together; especially this year when Christmas Cheer and a sense of togetherness is needed more than ever.”
- College Hoops Roundup For Jan. 16, 2021
- ISU board of trustees search for next President, give Dietz a bonus
- East Peoria Firefighters train, prepare for ice rescues
- McLean County Health Department officials say COVID-19 vaccine clinics are booked for the next two weeks
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander