VIRGINIA, Ill. (AP) — Authorities in central Illinois on Monday identified two women found shot to death early Sunday in a residence in Virginia.
The Cass County Sheriff’s Department identified the victims as Kathleen Wzientek, 68, and Brenda Crum, 64, both of Virginia. A male victim also was discovered at the scene of the shooting. Sheriff Devron Ohrn said the man suffered injuries that didn’t require treatment at a hospital.
A 71-year-old suspect was located in Morgan County and was in custody in Jacksonville. Ohm says the suspect knew the victims, but he wouldn’t comment about the relationship.
Virginia, a town of about 1,600 residents, is located about 32 miles (51 km) northwest of Springfield.
- Biden inauguration: Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ends
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children as ‘traitors’ if they turned him in over Capitol riots, documents say
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021