The CEO of a local liquor store is cutting a five figure check to help train pups in Central Illinois.
The manager of Binny’s Beverage Depot is donating $25,000 to PAWS Giving Independence. Volunteers at the local non-profit rescues dogs from shelters and train them to be service dogs.
The director of PGI, Donna Kosner, said the state of Illinois couldn’t help the non-profit financially this year and was surprised when she got the phone call from Binny’s.
“Every nonprofit has the dream of somebody calling you and saying ‘Gee we like what you do and what do you need?’ and then say ‘OK, I am going to send you a check for that’,” Kosner said.
She said the money will cover vet expenses for the year. In honor of this donation, the next dog trained will be named “Binny”.
- Bloomington District 87 to continue hybrid learning for the foreseeable future
- GM of Peoria Civic Center hopeful about future, event organizers adapt in the meantime
- Peoria receives $200,000 grant to demolish abandoned homes
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Game On: Area Coaches Excited to Finally Have an IHSA Schedule