BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Bloomington District 87 voting to honor the legacy of a former high school teacher and coach at tonight’s board meeting.
Bob Loy passed away October 29th after 41 years as Bloomington High School’s swimming and diving coach.
He will now be apart of the school’s history forever, with the board voting in favor of renaming the swimming facility after him.
The facility will now be called the Bob Loy Natatorium.
District superintendent Barry Reilly says they are excited to be able to provide this honor.
“We can’t think of a better way to honor, whether it’s your dad, your loved one, your friend, all of us knew Bob, and we couldn’t think of a better way to honor him,” said Reilly.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B