BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — In a McLean County courtroom yesterday, a Bloomington man convicted of first-degree murder is sentenced.
Kyle Brestan was found guilty in December of killing 27-year-old Shannon Hastings in 2017. Officers found her in a Bloomington motel with 105 stab wounds.
According to The Pantagraph, Monday, the court determined that Brestan will face 60 years in prison. In November, he received a 36 years prison sentence. That was for a guilty plea on four counts of possession of child pornography.
Brestan must serve his 60-year sentence after the first one.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony