BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — A Bloomington teen was arrested Wednesday night after attempting to rob a taxi driver at gun point.
At approximately 6:45 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 16, officers were dispatched to the 800 block of East Walnut Street, near the intersection with North Linden, where it was reported a man demanding money attempted to rob a taxi driver by showing a pistol.
The suspect fled on foot after failing to obtain cash. Shortly after the investigation began, the suspect was located sitting inside a vehicle in the 800 block of East Chestnut Street, a few blocks away.
Austin C. Pittman, 18, of Bloomington, was transported to the McLean Count Jail. He was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery. Bond was requested to be set at $75,000.
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- Illinois National Guard surprised with pizza while in Washington, DC
- Illinois sees 3,385 new cases, 50 new deaths as regions head to Tier 1 Mitigations
- Same day eye care available through Illinois Eye Center’s EyeCareToday
- ON THE RECORD: Rep. Tim Butler speaks out against police reform bill, calls on Republicans to take responsibility for Capitol Insurrection