BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — A Bloomington woman accused of delivering a baby in the toilet has been taken into custody.
19-year-old Jamieson Badgley is being charged with involuntary manslaughter of a family member or household member and child endangerment causing death, both of which are felonies.
Prosecutors said she gave birth in December of 2019, severed the umbilical cord, and left the infant while making no attempt to remove her from the toilet or seek assistance.
Badgley was taken into custody on Wednesday. She pleaded not guilty on both charges.
A status hearing is set for Sept. 9.
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus
- Newsfeed Now: Western wildfires rage on; Missouri soldier surprises his kids
- U.S. Marshals arrest 262 suspects, find 5 missing children in Oklahoma operation