FARMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois American Water (IAW) said Monday the western portion of the city is under a boil order for approximately 36 hours.
The boil order is a result of two water main breaks which occurred as a result of pressure fluctuations. The changes in pressure occurred during maintenance work on the water main. IAW crews are making emergency repairs on a water main break starting at 4:15 p.m.
IAW is advising residents in the western part of the city to bring water to a rolling boil for five minutes before using for drinking or cooking.
Water can be used for bathing, washing, and other common uses.
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever
- Tri-county update shows 54 new cases of COVID-19, 1 additional death
- ‘I’m sorry for whatever pain I caused’: Gov. Cuomo apologizes following harassment allegations
- IDPH announces 2,104 new cases of COVID-19, 44 additional deaths
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment