FARMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois American Water (IAW) said Monday the western portion of the city is under a boil order for approximately 36 hours.
The boil order is a result of two water main breaks which occurred as a result of pressure fluctuations. The changes in pressure occurred during maintenance work on the water main. IAW crews are making emergency repairs on a water main break starting at 4:15 p.m.
IAW is advising residents in the western part of the city to bring water to a rolling boil for five minutes before using for drinking or cooking.
Water can be used for bathing, washing, and other common uses.
- Peoria Company Ready to Give Cross Country Runners Closure with Championship Races
- District 87 announced the passing of retired swim coach
- Art Inc. host Dia De Los Muertos fundraising event
- One Dead after go-cart semi accident
- Peoria’s CJ Elger Makes it To World Series