FARMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — The boil order for Farmington was lifted Friday, but American Water Illinois still has some maintenance work to do.
Monday’s boil order, which had been extended Wednesday, has ended. American Water Illinois officials said water samples tested from the affected area confirm water meets all federal and state regulatory standards for drinking water.
They said while repairs were completed at the water treatment plant, they said in the coming days, a maintenance team will move towards installing a temporary high service pump. This temporary pump will serve as a backup to the pump they repaired throughout the week.
A new, permanent high service pump at the water treatment plant is expected to be installed, they said.
During both the installation of the temporary pump and the installation of the permanent pump, officials will issue another boil order. For the time being, no action is needed.
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- East Bluff neighbors looking to improve community in 2021
- FUTURE VOTERS OF AMERICA: Peoria youth to participate in mock election
- Caterpillar celebrates 95th anniversary with real life Pac Man maze
- Man indicted after being accused of street racing, causing crash and deaths of 4 Peoria women