GLASFORD, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois American Water will be doing maintenance at the Glasford Water Treatment Plant, resulting in a system-wide boil order for the Village of Glasford starting Tuesday, July 21, at 9 a.m.
The company will be replacing a valve and filter media during that time. Illinois American Water is advising customers in Glasford to take measures in preparation for the impact to their water service. Customers may also experience a temporary interruption to their water service and/or low water pressure.
Customers are advised to bring their water to a rolling boil for five minutes before using it for drinking, cooking, bathing, washing, and other common uses.
- Two Peoria Public Library branches temporarily closing due to a positive COVID-19 case
- “It’s not right”: Pekin neighbor says city code ordinance allows derogatory yard sign
- Peoria County voters can drop off vote by mail ballots at new drop box
- LaHood talks national security, global terrorism, Illinois economy
- Potential “quid pro quo” being discussed between City of Peoria, Peoria Firefighters Local 50 Union to save two fire stations