PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Drivers Tuesday night are being asked to avoid War Memorial and I-474 as well as Route 6 both north and southbound on reports of road buckling.
Extreme heat can cause roads to bulge up and buckle, causing hazards for drivers. Experts said the humidity increases the chance for roads to buckle. No word on when repairs will begin.
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Chris Yates’ bold winter prediction
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress