PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Drivers Tuesday night are being asked to avoid War Memorial and I-474 as well as Route 6 both north and southbound on reports of road buckling.
Extreme heat can cause roads to bulge up and buckle, causing hazards for drivers. Experts said the humidity increases the chance for roads to buckle. No word on when repairs will begin.
- Kurt’s Korner for Aug. 13, 2020: that coach can still jump
- Kurt’s Korner for Aug. 14, 2020: ride like the wind
- Peoria man arrested for Crusens stabbings
- Morton School’s Weekly update says four students currently have COVID-19
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies