CANTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Canton Fire Department extinguished a structure fire in the 500 block of Main Street Monday.
The Canton Fire Department received a report of smoke coming out of a building at 1:21 p.m.
Fire engines arrived on the scene within five minutes of dispatch and found that the second floor of the residence was on fire.
The fire was contained to the second floor of the residence. The entire floor suffered smoke and water damage. Fire crews remained on the scene for two hours putting out hot spots.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but officials referred to it as being “incendiary” in nature, according to a news release.
- Prep Basketball Roundup for March 6, 2021
- Shootin’ the Breeze with Your Local Weather Authority Episode 3 Reference Page
- Parents, community members raise money to install water bottle filling stations in Peoria Public Schools
- Maple Syrup season is here: Camp Wokanda starts the bottling process
- Peorians enjoy warm weather, sunshine on Grandview Drive