CANTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Canton Fire Department extinguished a structure fire in the 500 block of Main Street Monday.
The Canton Fire Department received a report of smoke coming out of a building at 1:21 p.m.
Fire engines arrived on the scene within five minutes of dispatch and found that the second floor of the residence was on fire.
The fire was contained to the second floor of the residence. The entire floor suffered smoke and water damage. Fire crews remained on the scene for two hours putting out hot spots.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but officials referred to it as being “incendiary” in nature, according to a news release.
- Man stabbed in the neck early Wednesday morning
- Roberts guides Dodgers to 1st World Series title in 32 years
- Peoria city council debates ways to fund public safety pensions
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Prep Basketball Coaches Disappointed Sport Moved to ‘High Risk,’ Await IHSA Decision Wednesday