WEST DES MOINES, IA (WMBD) — More than 150 Hy-Vee pharmacies across eight states, including Illinois, are now equipped for drive-through COVID-19 testing.
The Iowa based company made the announcement in a press release Wednesday, stating each pharmacy can accommodate up to 12 patients per hour and all tests are free. Individuals do not have to have symptoms to be eligible for a test, but must pre-register online to receive a voucher number, testing site and appointment time.
Appointments are available Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. Tests take approximately five minutes and will be collected by the Hy-Vee pharmacy and shipped to a lab via the United Parcel Service (UPS). Results will be sent to the patient by email in three to five business days.
A list of participating Illinois locations is below.
- Sheridan Village Hy-Vee, 4125 Sheridan Road, Ste. 20, Peoria, IL
- Canton Hy-Vee, 825 N. Main St., Canton, IL
- East Main Hy-Vee, 2030 E. Main St., Galesburg, IL
- Milan Hy-Vee, 201 10th Ave. W., Milan, IL
- Hy-Vee on Avenue of the Cities, 4218 Ave. of the Cities, Moline, IL
- Peru Hy-Vee, 1651 Midtown Road, Peru, IL
- Hy-Vee on Broadway, 3700 Broadway St., Quincy, IL
- Twin Oaks Hy-Vee, 2001 Fifth St., Silvis, IL
- Sycamore Hy-Vee, 2700 DeKalb Ave., Sycamore, IL
- Peoria Historical Society getting people in mood for Halloween
- Tazewell County sees over 13,000 early voters, shattering previous record
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Bloomington Council may make Juneteenth a city holiday; will discuss creating Public Arts Commission
- Peoria County leaders want to address what they call systematic racism in the community