TAZEWELL COUNTY (WMBD) — Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office said one person is dead after a crash took place just after 5 p.m. Thursday on I-155 one mile south of Townline Road.
Illinois State Police said 48-year-old Steven Richards of Forsyth died after being ejected from his vehicle.
Police said Richards was driving his 2006 white Ford truck southbound on I-155 at milepost 24, but for unknown reasons, he veered off the roadway. He traveled through the grass median and overturned into northbound traffic, where he was ejected from the truck.
ISP said Richards died at the scene of the crash. They are continuing to investigate the situation. Officials have not released the cause of the crash.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- CI Hero: Peoria man rescues baby from burning car
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- McLean County reporting 212 new cases of COVID-19, 106,022 total doses of vaccine administered
- 2 killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness