TAZEWELL COUNTY (WMBD) — Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office said one person is dead after a crash took place just after 5 p.m. Thursday on I-155 one mile south of Townline Road.
Illinois State Police said 48-year-old Steven Richards of Forsyth died after being ejected from his vehicle.
Police said Richards was driving his 2006 white Ford truck southbound on I-155 at milepost 24, but for unknown reasons, he veered off the roadway. He traveled through the grass median and overturned into northbound traffic, where he was ejected from the truck.
ISP said Richards died at the scene of the crash. They are continuing to investigate the situation. Officials have not released the cause of the crash.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- ‘Look. It’s My Book!’ last two drive-by book distribution dates for District 150 calendar year
- Prep Basketball Players Willing to do ‘Whatever it Takes’ to Have Season
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- BBB warns health insurance holders about new scam
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say