PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — One man is dead after a late-night shooting in Peoria Wednesday night.
Right before 11:30 p.m., the Peoria Police Department responded to the 1700 block of N. Bigelow St. for a ShotSpotter alert that indicated five rounds had been fired. Additionally, there were 911 calls placed about a shooting in the area.
When officers got on scene, they found an adult man with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. He was later pronounced dead at 11:52 p.m.
Thursday afternoon, Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood identified the victim as 30-year-old Ryan William Greenwood of Peoria. According to Harwood, autopsy results showed Greenwood suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his upper and lower body, and most likely died instantly.
There is no suspect information at this time and the incident is under investigation.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the PPD at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
- Severe storms bring damaging winds and hail to Central Illinois
- Storms roll through central Illinois Saturday night
- Rally held in Normal seeks justice for Vanessa Guillen
- Over 24,000 Ameren customers without power during storms in Illinois
- Four firefighters test positive for COVID-19, 15 total in quarantine