BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Ahead of the April 6, 2021 election, Derek Mead is announcing his candidacy for Bloomington City Council Ward 3.
Mead is a lifelong resident of McLean County and has lived in Ward 3 for the past eight years.
“Being firmly ingrained in this community has given me a strong passion for making positive change. As a father, I want to work hard to make Bloomington a better place for all children to enjoy a prosperous future,” Mead stated in a press release.
Mead said as a business man, he has a goal to see businesses grow and flourish.
“It is my belief that government should work for the people it represents, not its own self-interests. Through conversations, several common concerns continued to surface from not only the residents of Ward 3, but throughout the City. If elected, improving our infrastructure, reducing spending, and focusing on the concerns of the citizens will be my top priorities,” the release states.
- Tri-County update shows 148 new cases of COVID-19, 9 additional deaths
- LOOK BACK: President Joe Biden visited Peoria in 2010, spoke on Violence against Women Act
- Now that Biden is president, here’s when you could get that $1,400 stimulus check
- Florida lawmaker wants to rename highway ‘President Donald J. Trump Highway’
- Poet Amanda Gorman earns instant praise for stirring inaugural poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’