PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Dream center Peoria offering mobile showers to the homeless community around Peoria.
The center received more than 30 thousand dollars through donations, including donations from the JOLT center and Zion Coffee, to fund the mobile showers.
The Dream Center said the mobile truck has four bathrooms, each with a shower, toilet, and sink.
Dream center director Andy King said this is the start of one of four service trucks to help those in need.
“Our aim is to go into areas of the city where there may be low-income families or the homeless who may need some help whether it is a shower or a haircut. We just want to be able to go in and do that,” King said.
By next year, the Dream Center says they plan to have a food truck, and a mobile laundry, and a hair shop. Donations can be made on their website to help reach their goal.
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- CIProud Workday | 12/1/20
- Olympic rings back up in Tokyo Bay, serving as sign of hope amid pandemic