PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — A driver died Saturday night after being involved in a crash on Interstate 74.
The Illinois State Police responded to a one-vehicle crash on I-74 around 11:00 p.m. A preliminary investigation shows the driver, 25-year-old Marcelas D. Washington of Peoria, was traveling eastbound on I-74 when he drove into the right ditch after exiting at milepost 86.5, according to police.
ISP reports the car became airborne and struck the underside of Interstate 474 overpass. The vehicle then rolled over and the driver was ejected. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:04 a.m. Sunday.
Peoria County Coroner said there will be no autopsy, but a toxicology test is pending.
- A chance to see sweet cars, and help in the fight against pediatric diabetes
- Crash closes down part of Springfield Road Monday morning
- Beijing Games: Sports coverage fine, other things maybe not
- Laurel Hubbard a non-finisher in Olympic weightlifting
- US women lose in soccer, win in volleyball, basketball