BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Early voting has been suspended in Bloomington after a glitch was reported.
The Bloomington Election Commission was made aware of the error by the State Board of Elections and is currently working to correct the error, according to a press release. Under the advise of the state board, the counsel has suspended early voting to prevent the glitch from compromising any ballots.
Update 6:44 p.m
On Thursday, the Bloomington Election Commission learned that the ballot left out two Circuit Court Judge retention questions. Chairperson Denise Williams The judges omitted were Jennifer Bauknecht and Matthew Fitton. Early voting at Grossinger Arena is suspended for Bloomington residents until the ballots are fixed.
Voting for McLean County residents who don’t live in Bloomington has not been suspended.
The Bloomington Election Commission is working to resolve the issue and will post updates on the Commission’s website.
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- The Kool-Aid Man is crashing some houses for a “reverse Trick-or-Treat” this Halloween
- Man arrested for downtown Peoria Stabbing