PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The East Bluff Community honoring a well-known man who has poured more than 10 years of his life to the community.
A neighborhood drive-in ceremony took place this evening to honor the Community Center Director Jim Combs who’s now retiring. To his surprise, the gymnasium at the center will be renamed combs hall in his honor
“I think it has been a very melancholy experience, I’m very mellow about this because we’ve had…Ya know, we see alot of people but we work with very few. We work closely with people, we work in committees, we work in groups, and its just nice seeing these people because all of them I have experience with,” Combs said.
Karri Jones will take over as the new community center director.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus