PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The pandemic is prohibiting musicians from having large concerts, but a local band is bringing music to neighbors.
Sunday in the East Bluff, local musicians played music for the neighborhood from their front porch in their fifth and final concert of the fall.
This performance featured a guest performance from Brianna Thomas, a Peoria native who now lives and performs in New York.
Band leader David Hoffman said it was an honor to have Brianna perform and is grateful for the support the neighborhood showed throughout the fall.
“It’s great, neighbors come out, other people come out to hear it and I think the novelty of it appeals to people,” Hoffman said.
Hoffman was grateful for the donations, but their only goal was to share their music with the community. He hopes to make this an annual tradition.
- Cake Shoppe in Bartonville closing after over 40 years in business
- Salvation Army Red Kettles going quiet due to COVID-19
- ‘If my kids can’t brighten up my day what am I living for,’ Mom and six kids separated after being kicked out of shelter
- Local hospital ICU’s reaching breaking point as COVID-19 surges
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks