MEDINA TOWNSHIP, Ill. (WMBD) — Emergency crews are responding to a propone explosion in Peoria County.
According to Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell, the explosion happened at 13723 N. Ivy Lake Road.
The explosion was caused when an HVAC company was installing a new furnace in the basement of a home.
There were four people present at the time of the explosion. Two occupants of the residence were upstairs at the time and were uninjured. A 21-year-old worker suffered burns and was transported to OSF with serious injuries.
Ameren Illinois officials arrived at the scene and determined the explosion came from a propane tank, as the home was not being serviced by them.
Dunlap and Chillicothe Fire Department responded to the explosion. Asbell said the house appears to be a total loss.
This developing story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Prep Basketball Coaches Await IHSA Schedule Assuming They’ll Play Soon
- Despite BU, ISU Slumps, Coaches Believing in Their Players
- Sally Turner appointed to Illinois Senate, filling seat of Bill Brady
- Local organizations call reversal of transgender military ban “a good first step”