Eureka woman, her dog die in apartment fire

Local News
apartment fire_1558471201347.jpg.jpg

EUREKA, Ill. – A Eureka woman and her dog are dead after a fire in her apartment Sunday morning. 

Tracy Reese, 51, was pronounced dead at about 6:15 a.m. Sunday at Advocate Eureka Hospital. Woodford County Coroner Tim Ruestman says a preliminary cause of death is carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Fire crews were called to the Woodridge Apartments at 701 E. Bullock Street in Eureka in the overnight hours to a report of a fire. Major damage was limited to the unit where Reese and her dog resided.

The fire did cause some damage to other nearby units. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Takeout & Delivery Guide

Trending Stories

Latest Local News

More Local News