FULTON COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — (UPDATE: 2:47 p.m.) — A man has been arrested and the victim identified after an incident in Cuba left a woman dead Sunday afternoon.
The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday the victim, Tammy Shoen, 53 of Cuba, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Gordon Griffith, 58, was taken into custody and transported to the Fulton County Jail. Griffith has been charged with first degree murder .
Griffith is expected to appear in court Tuesday, Oct. 13. Bond has been set at $1,000,000
Preliminary autopsy results indicate Shoen died of ligature strangulation. The incident remains under investigation and additional charges may be filed.
(PREVIOUS) — Around 2:40 Sunday afternoon, Fulton County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a medical emergency involving an unresponsive female at 922. E. Jackson lot 2 in Cuba.
After arriving at the scene, Cass-Putman Rescue Squad and Fulton County EMS provided aid and attempted to resuscitate the victim. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The initial investigation determined the female was the victim of a homicide.
A suspect was taken into custody and transported to Graham Hospital for an unrelated medical issue reported at the time of detainment.
- Prep Sports Recap for May 16, 2020
- ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ actress Maggie Peterson passes away at 81
- Peoria Christian Seniors Sign College Commitment Letters
- How to donate breast milk during the baby formula shortage
- You can order another batch of free COVID tests from the federal government: Here’s how