Here’s how you can participate:
- Vote. You can vote once a day.
- Comment. A positive comment for your favorite city hall equals another vote.
- Tweet. Tweet your support using #ELGLCityHall for another vote for your favorite city hall.
- CityHallSelfie. A picture in front of your favorite city hall equals two votes.
Voting ends on Friday, March 10 at midnight ET
The winner will receive the prestigious Leslie Barbara Knope trophy, a complimentary ELGL organizational membership which includes unlimited job postings for the year, and extreme bragging rights.
You can vote once a day, multiple votes from the same IP address will be removed from the final vote total.
Fun Facts: Peoria, IL City Hall
- Opened in 1899,
- Cost: $271,500
- In 1978, the 5-story building was added to the National Register of Historic Places
- The building’s façade is red sandstone from Lake Superior.
- The center tower was saved from the previous Peoria City Hall.
Fun Facts: Vancouver, WA City Hall
- In 2010, the city bought the building for $18.5 million.
- The Columbian newspaper was the original building tenant.
- Consolidated five separate buildings housing 300 employees into one at the new City Hall. The move is saving the city approximately $1 million a year in facility lease and maintenance costs.