CREVE COEUR, Ill. — Ten cars caught on fire at Joe’s Towing & Recovery in Creve Coeur on Thursday morning.
Assistant Chief Kim Riggenbach said an employee was doing what he was supposed to but a spark ignited the fuel.
“Anytime you’re working with gasoline, you’ve got to be careful with it, but [the worker] was doing everything he should have been doing to take precautions,” said Assistant Chief Riggenbach.
Fire officials had to drain fuel from the cars before scrapping them. The fires were put out by approximately 11:20 a.m.
There were no injuries.
This story will be updated.