CHILLICOTHE, Ill. (WMBD) – A hazmat spill caused some concern in Chillicothe late Wednesday night.
At around 11:56 p.m., the Peoria Fire Department was called in to help the Chillicothe Fire Department attend to the spill at 3119 E. Cavalier.
There, crews found several one-gallon jugs that had accidentally fallen from a shelf and broke. The home then filled with noxious gas.
Crews were able to neutralize the spill by 1:30 a.m. without issues. But there was about $8,000 worth of damage.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B