PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria firefighters are trying to find the cause of a fire at the OSF Cardiovascular building.
Peoria Fire Chief Tony Ardis says crews were called to the building around 5:15 p.m. Thursday. Chief Ardis said the fire started outside and went up the building’s wall.
A Peoria Fire report said damage was contained to the building’s exterior, but work had to be done to remove smoke that had made its way inside the structure.
Damage has been estimated at $300,000
One firefighter was treated at the scene for minor injuries, according to the report.
What caused the fire has not yet been determined.
- Proposed Club Car Wash on corner of Glen Ave. and University St.
- Reynolds Brothers Return to PND, Irish Back on Floor for Practice
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- “She had a heart of gold;” Friend remembers Mona Ellison
- Illinois Congressman Goes to Bat for High School Sports