Fire destroys mobile home in Peoria Saturday morning, 1 taken to hospital

Local News

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A Peoria man narrowly escaped a fire that destroyed his mobile home Saturday morning.

At approximately 9 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 23, crews responded to a report of a mobile home on fire in the Royal Oaks Estates Mobile Home Park, near Route 8.

The Limestone Fire Department responded to find an adult male who escaped the home, but had facial burns. The man, whose identity has not been revealed, was taken to OSF St. Francis for treatment.

Deputy Chief Dale Hoerr said seven local fire departments responded to the scene. Hoerr said the homeowner suspects the fire was started by an oxygen tank explosion.

The fire was contained to the mobile home and did not ignite any nearby trees.

The Limestone Fire Department was unable to confirm the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local News

More Local News