NORMAL, Ill. (WMBD) — Firefighters put out a fire on a burning air handler in Advocate Bromenn Medical Center Tuesday.
Normal Firefighters responded to the hospital after several reports of smoke coming from the east side of the building. The smoke was coming from a vent leading towards the air handler unit in the east most wing of the main hospital building.
The affected area of the hospital was evacuated, and minimal water was used to extinguish the fire.
The Normal fire department said they had no damage estimate available at this time. Investigators are still looking for the cause of the fire.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony