PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Public health officials are reporting the first death in Woodford County from COVID-19.
Peoria City/County health administrator Monica Hendrickson said a woman in her 70s died from the virus on Monday. She had underlying medical conditions, as well as contact to another person who tested positive.
In total, there are 81 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Tri-County region. There are 44 known cases in Peoria County, 26 in Tazewell County, and 11 in Woodford County.
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- IRS: More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week
- DNA kit leads to arrest for alleged sexual assault in April 2019
- Bond set for Bloomington man accused of beating disabled woman
- Bloomington man found guilty of murder wants new lawyer, sentencing delayed