DUNLAP, Ill. (WMBD) — A football player in the Dunlap school district has tested positive for COVID-19.
Scott Dearman, the district superintendent, said they’re now working with the Illinois Department of Public Health. They will be following protocols and guidance from health experts to ensure the safety of other players and staff on the team.
Dearman said this won’t affect the football season in the fall, but it will impact the team’s summer workouts.
Dearman did not mention any other players being infected.
- Illinois reports 1,759 new COVID-19 cases, 30 coronavirus-related deaths
- Normal police officer finds garage on fire at Towanda and Baugh
- Bloomington apparel designer celebrates store’s grand opening
- Cardinals to travel back home following negative COVID tests
- Nick Foles on joining the Bears: ‘Let’s just play ball, man. I love this offense.’