PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Former Morton High School teacher Erin Kemp is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse in connection to allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a student.
In September, Erin Kemp admitted to Morton detectives that she had an inappropriate relationship with a male student. In court Monday, prosecutors claimed it lasted for just over a month starting in mid-August. Kemp resigned in September.
So far, Kemp maintains it was not a sexual relationship, but an earlier affidavit claims the child told a worker at the Tazewell County Children’s Advocacy Center it was.
Kemp is expected back in court on Feb. 19, 2021 at 9 a.m.
- Man in serious condition after shooting outside a liquor store
- Bailey paper ballot proposal would affect voters with disabilities, election board says
- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin says American Rescue Plan provides relief for Illinois
- Bloomington Mayor Tari Renner shares advice for current candidates
- People in the Twin-Cities take advantage of above-average temperatures