PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A now-fired Peoria County Sheriff’s Deputy pleaded not guilty in a Peoria Courthouse Wednesday morning.
47-year-old Matthew Hawkins is currently on trial following claims he stole alcohol from Kroger twice back in August, all while still wearing his Peoria County Sheriff’s Deputy uniform.
Hawkins faces a burglary charge along with retail theft and official misconduct. Burglary and retail theft are both felonies.
Hawkins is set to appear in court again on Friday, Jan. 29.
- ‘Silence is gold’: President of Japan House L.A. shares Japanese etiquette advice
- One local group is dedicated to helping out veterans in central Illinois
- 18-year-old from Largo is the United State’s first women’s taekwondo champion—and she’s just getting started
- First openly transgender Olympians are competing in Tokyo
- EXPLAINER: How the Russians caught the US in gymnastics