FULTON, Ill. (WMBD) — The Fulton County Sheriff’s Department found a man unresponsive in the Illinois River.
The sheriff’s department said Bucheart Fire/Rescue, Fulton County Ambulance, and deputies were called to the Illinois River north of Liverpool for reports of a man in the water around 2 p.m. The man was located and pronounced dead by the coroner at 7:23 p.m.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending family notification. The police do not suspect foul play at this time.
- Students protesting ICE, want Bradley to become sanctuary campus
- Protesters want city leaders to bailout Peoria Fire Department, save stations on chopping block
- Local Sports Roundup For September 26, 2020
- World War II veteran laid to rest near family after 7 decades
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG