FULTON, Ill. (WMBD) — The Fulton County Sheriff’s Department found a man unresponsive in the Illinois River.
The sheriff’s department said Bucheart Fire/Rescue, Fulton County Ambulance, and deputies were called to the Illinois River north of Liverpool for reports of a man in the water around 2 p.m. The man was located and pronounced dead by the coroner at 7:23 p.m.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending family notification. The police do not suspect foul play at this time.
- The fate of Peoria St. Patrick’s Day traditions is unknown, organizers say they’re waiting to make any announcements
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Limited indoor dining now allowed for Region 2
- Peoria’s Annual MLK Luncheon will be virtual, featuring Bernice King
- Cuddles for Kids: Non-profit gives hospitalized children additional comfort