GALESBURG, Ill. (WMBD) — The Galesburg Police Department is investigating a murder that occurred early Saturday morning.
Police said at around 2:17 a.m. Saturday, police responded to 318 Maple Avenue for reports of an unknown medical. Upon arrival, police said they found a female victim suffering from stab wounds. She was transported to Galesburg Cottage Hospital by a private vehicle.
Police said 21-year-old Shamyra K. Barber died from her injuries at the hospital. Twenty-eight-year-old Shamere M. Kimble was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and murder.
This incident is still under investigation.
- ‘Unworkable’: Disney officials frustrated as regulations keep Disneyland closed
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- East Bluff neighbors looking to improve community in 2021
- FUTURE VOTERS OF AMERICA: Peoria youth to participate in mock election