PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Greater Peoria is hosting a Big Table discussion series focusing on the topic of criminal justice reform.
The Big Table: Gather Around Justice is a group discussion with the goal of fostering mindful conversation around how people can use their individual power and privilege to make changes to correct historic racial, economic, and social inequities.
The group discussion will be led by Criminal Defense Attorney Chris McCall, Assistant Federal Public Defender Johanes Maliza, Mitigation Specialist Nia McFarland-Drye, and Community Outreach Director Carl Holloway.
The group discussion is slated for Aug. 6 at 4:00 p.m. will be held remotely through Zoom. Those that are interested can register for the event here.
- TBT Highlights Big Basketball Week in Peoria
- Virginia man shares experiences of life in Japan during the pandemic
- Heartland Health Services host event giving out 200 backpacks, school supplies
- Certain severe thunderstorm warnings will become wireless emergency alerts
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM