PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Greater Peoria is hosting a Big Table discussion series focusing on the topic of criminal justice reform.
The Big Table: Gather Around Justice is a group discussion with the goal of fostering mindful conversation around how people can use their individual power and privilege to make changes to correct historic racial, economic, and social inequities.
The group discussion will be led by Criminal Defense Attorney Chris McCall, Assistant Federal Public Defender Johanes Maliza, Mitigation Specialist Nia McFarland-Drye, and Community Outreach Director Carl Holloway.
The group discussion is slated for Aug. 6 at 4:00 p.m. will be held remotely through Zoom. Those that are interested can register for the event here.
- Distillery Labs scheduled to open towards the end of 2021, hires new executive director
- ISU Shatters Scoring Record, Wins Home Opener 177-108
- Jupiter and Saturn – The ‘Great Conjunction’ of 2020
- Former McLean County Health Department spokesman speaks out about suing county for ‘unlawful discrimination’
- Homeless people seek refuge under Murray Baker Bridge, sleeping in tents