PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — OSF Saint Francis is joining Heart Hunters with a big heart of their own.
OSF has started projecting a red heart on the outside of the hospital to show solidarity against the spread of COVID-19. The Heart can be seen from I-74 on the west side of the hospital after dark.
OSF Saint Francis President Bob Anderson said with healthcare workers dealing with the effects of COVID-19 every day he is happy OSF can help spread some hope.
“Health care workers on the front lines across the country are dealing with the devastating effects of COVID-19 every day,” Anderson said. “The heart symbol seems to resonate, and if this small gesture helps spread the message of hope, we are happy to have it shine brightly.”
Heart Hunting started in March and has participants putting up Hearts all around the world.
- Peoria city council, county board expected to approve racial justice commission
- Our Table – Peoria airs world premiere episode
- Clear and Present Danger: The Waste
- Ross Jackson wins 2020 Hershey Grant for encouraging everyone to be kind
- D87 eyeballing proposal that would eliminate final exams and reduce graduation requirements