BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Heartland Bank wants local residents to cash-in their coins to aid the nationwide coin shortage.
The two-week-long campaign, starting Aug. 1 and running through Aug. 15, is called “Coins for Community”. The local bank is asking residents to turn in any coins they have when making deposits or withdraws. They will also donate $5 to United Way of McLean County for every coin bag collected.
Heartland Bank branches in Bloomington, Carlock, Chenoa, Lexington, and Normal will be participating in the event.
Officials say the campaign has the potential to be expanded to other regions at a later date.
- Corn Stock Theatre has a show mixing the works of William Shakespeare
- Fun events are coming up this weekend in the Peoria area | Weekly Discoveries
- No gymnastics team gold, but US women show depth during Tokyo stay
- Olympics carry a question: What does it mean to be Japanese?
- Belarus runner flies to Europe after feud with team managers