BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — Heartland Bank wants local residents to cash-in their coins to aid the nationwide coin shortage.
The two-week-long campaign, starting Aug. 1 and running through Aug. 15, is called “Coins for Community”. The local bank is asking residents to turn in any coins they have when making deposits or withdraws. They will also donate $5 to United Way of McLean County for every coin bag collected.
Heartland Bank branches in Bloomington, Carlock, Chenoa, Lexington, and Normal will be participating in the event.
Officials say the campaign has the potential to be expanded to other regions at a later date.
- Peoria PD continues to seek public’s help in missing person case
- Distillery Labs scheduled to open towards the end of 2021, hires new executive director
- ISU Shatters Scoring Record, Wins Home Opener 177-108
- Jupiter and Saturn – The ‘Great Conjunction’ of 2020
- Former McLean County Health Department spokesman speaks out about suing county for ‘unlawful discrimination’