LEROY, Ill. (WMBD) — LeRoy police arrested a LeRoy Jr/Sr High School science teacher who they say was grooming a minor.
33-year-old Brandon Reynolds was arrested Tuesday, Oct. 6, and charged with grooming, indecent solicitation of a minor, and obstruction of justice.
School officials confirmed Reynolds was placed on administrative leave and is investigating the allegations with local law enforcement and the Department of Children and Family Services.
Police said he’s being held at the McLean County Detention Center and is waiting on a bond hearing for the charges.
Those with information about the suspect or the case are being asked to contact Sgt. Nathan Wilkins at (309)-962-3310 or by emailing him at email@example.com.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing through the LeRoy Police Department.
This story will be updated.
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Pekin man indicted for breaking daughter’s leg, ribs
- Bradley University sees low COVID-19 numbers among students, staff
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Restaurants struggle to find patio heaters, hardware stores work to keep them in stock