UPDATE (8:16 p.m.) — An Officer from the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed a person is dead after a shooting in Streator Friday.
It is currently unknown if there were any other victims.
The officers did say there is currently no danger to the public. The Sheriff’s Office said it plans to release a statement within the next few days.
STREATOR, Ill. (WMBD) — An investigation has been confirmed in Streator, according to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department.
The scene is in the 1400 block of South Park St. where neighbors said they heard multiple gunshots around 2 p.m.
As a WMBD crew arrived at the scene at about 5 p.m., a Life Flight helicopter was leaving the area.
Police are still canvasing the area.
This story will be updated.
- Bloomington District 87 to continue hybrid learning for the foreseeable future
- GM of Peoria Civic Center hopeful about future, event organizers adapt in the meantime
- Peoria receives $200,000 grant to demolish abandoned homes
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Game On: Area Coaches Excited to Finally Have an IHSA Schedule