PEORIA, Ill (WMBD) — A local artist is bringing a safari-themed park to the city of Peoria.
Nic di Caro is the mind behind the larger-than-life animal sculptures in the river city. He plans to use those designs to develop Peoria Hope: Safari Art Park.
The park will feature two giant rhinos, a life-size running horse, and two raging cape buffalos. Di Caro said Central Illinois will see several benefits from this art park.
“It will bring attention and goodwill to this area, it will bring jobs to this area,” di Caro said. “It will bring hope to this area, and there’s nothing more that we need than that. This is a unique safari-themed sculpture garden with educational yard games.”
There will be fun stuff for the kids to do such as a rhino ring toss and a “Noah’s Ark” Wooden Ship Playground.
The location for the park is to be determined, however, di Caro said he hopes to have the park finished in 2021. Here’s a link to donate to the cause.
- Watch: Bruce Willis just (briefly) brought back his Die Hard role
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
- Peoria Heights discussing part-time fire chief at Tuesday night meeting
- Newsfeed Now transforms for campaign coverage as election approaches
- 4 things we know about Thursday’s final Trump-Biden presidential debate