PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — More support for local firefighters is coming from community members.
Colt Sandberg, owner of Advance Space, showed his support Saturday by holding a fundraiser at his shop on 1213 SW Adams St.
He invited the community to come down, check out vintage cars and a vintage fire truck, and donate to support the local firemen and women. Sandberg said all of the proceeds go to Peoria Firefighters Local Union 50.
“This is just to bring awareness to the local population that this is going to affect them,” Sandberg said. “And there’s a chance that if enough of us as taxpayers and voters want to change we still can change things in the city that are important to us. Personally I believe the fire department and police department services are very important to us.”
He said he hopes with enough support from community members, he’d like to see the city council’s decision overturned.
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Advocates for and against abortion speaks on abortion rights
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR