PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Fire Chief Tony Ardis confirmed that Station 4 and Engine 4 are scheduled for decommissioning on Thursday, Oct. 1.
Ardis said starting at 7 a.m. Thursday, Station 4, which is located at 2711 SW Jefferson St., will be closed. He said Engine 4 will be decommissioned along with the station.
Station 4’s territory will be serviced by Station 8, which is located at 832 W. Hurlburt, Ardis continued.
According to Local 50 Fire Union officials, Fire Station 20 is still in service, though a discussion related to unfair labor practices is subject to change that status.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates