PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local Author and historian Norm Kelly died Tuesday.
He was born on April 24, 1932, and was 88 years old. Kelly attended Woodruff Highschool and Bradley University. Kelly was a veteran of the Korean war and served as a medic in the United States Air Force. He also worked as a private detective and a Para-Legal.
Kelly was the author several books about Peoria’s history and hundreds of short stories.
Some interviews with Kelly talking about Peoria can be found on the Peoria Public Libraries website.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Tailgate N’ Tallboys returning to Peoria in 2021
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- DeAndre Houston-Carson is helping the Bears’ defense close games in 2020
- Regional Cross Country Roundup