PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A man is safe after attempting to jump off the Bob Michel Bridge Saturday morning.
According to a written statement from the Peoria Fire Department, at around 1:15 a.m., a man was discovered on the catwalk near the center of the bridge. Crews on scene spent “several” hours trying to convince the man to come down.
The man was eventually convinced to climb the side of the bridge and was secured. According to the release, no injuries were reported.
- Illinois reaches the highest number of COVID-19 tests in one day, three people from Tazewell county dies from virus
- The League of Women Voters says Justice Ginsberg’s death is a reminder to vote
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments