PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A man is safe after attempting to jump off the Bob Michel Bridge Saturday morning.
According to a written statement from the Peoria Fire Department, at around 1:15 a.m., a man was discovered on the catwalk near the center of the bridge. Crews on scene spent “several” hours trying to convince the man to come down.
The man was eventually convinced to climb the side of the bridge and was secured. According to the release, no injuries were reported.
- Inauguration Day in Portland: Tear gas, arrests, demonstrations
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Behind Huge Second Half, ISU Knocks Off Bradley 71-56
- Dunlap School District removes budget cuts proposal, some still upset it was ever brought up
- Relaxed mitigations allowing Illinois State University students to watch Redbird Basketball at local bars