PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria County Coroner’s Office revealed the identity of the Peoria man who died in a motorcycle crash Sunday night.
County Coroner Jamie Harwood identified the victim as 27-year-old Seth T. Guthrie of west Westport, Peoria.
According to a Peoria Police Department news release, the crash happened at 9:38 p.m. in the 3300 block of North Sterling Avenue. Officials said a driver of a car was pulling onto Sterling from a driveway as Guthrie was headed northbound. Police said as the car entered Sterling, Guthrie and the car collided.
Police said Guthrie was pronounced dead at the scene. Though he was wearing a helmet, Guthrie suffered multiple blunt force trauma injuries and likely died instantly. There will be no autopsy. Toxicology testing is pending.
The driver of the car was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
An investigation into the crash is continuing, police said.
- Bears’ offense seeks answers after poor showing against Rams
- Newsfeed Now: Biden goes on offense in Georgia while President Trump targets Midwest
- 42 new cases of COVID-19 in McLean County
- FBI seeking possible victims of killer who traveled across the country; may have visited Missouri, Illinois
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs